Certified Emergency Department Coder
DURATION : 120 Hours
Weekdays classes 2 hours daily.
DURATION : 120 Hours
Weekends classes 2 hours daily.
- High-speed Internet access with supported computer operating systems and Internet/Web browsers
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- PowerPoint Viewer.
- Zoom App/Google Meet/Skype for Business.
For best experience, use of a mobile device is not recommended
The CEDC™ examinee will be tested on:
- Ability to read and abstract physician office notes and procedure notes to apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT®, HCPCS Level II and modifier coding assignments
- Evaluation and management (both the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines)
- Rules and regulations of Medicare billing including (but not limited to) incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by ED physicians such as thoracentesis, laceration repair, fracture care, foreign body removal, etc.
- Coding of moderate sedation
- Time-based coding
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- 150 multiple choice questions (proctored)
- 5 hours and 40 minutes to finish the exam
- 1 free retake to be used within one year of first attempt
- Open code book (manuals)
- CPT® Books (AMA standard or professional edition ONLY). No other publisher is allowed
- HCPCS Level II
Highly Recommended References:
- E/M Audit Worksheet of your choice
- Both CMS DGs (1995 and 1997)
- One reference of your choice
Electronic devices with an on/off switch (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, etc.) are not allowed into the examination room. Failure to comply with this policy may result in disqualification of your exam.
Any officially published errata for these manuals may also be used. No other manuals are allowed. Each code set is updated annually; it is essential that examinees use the current calendar year's coding manuals when taking the certification exam.
- Must schedule examination three weeks in advance
- Must have current AAPC membership
- While there is no requirement, we strongly recommend that the candidate has at least two years of experience in the specialty. Please be aware that these are difficult, high-level examinations not meant for individuals with little, limited or no coding experience
I Skills Solutions
Medical coding Job Oriented Training and Placement Institute in chennai